Sunday, November 1, 2009

Weekly Meal Planning

I had fun sharing all of those Halloween-themed goodies with you last week. I actually think I gave myself gestational diabetes due to all the sugar-laden treats I consumed. Someone had to eat all of it! It was totally worth it, though.

And now here we are, in November. I can't believe this year is almost over. It's time to start freezing some meals in preparation for the new little man's arrival in January, so a few of the recipes on this week's meal plan will be doubled so I can freeze half for later.

Monday: Chicken and cheese enchiladas

Tuesday: Biscuits over creamed chicken

Wednesday: Macaroni and cheese-stuffed tomatoes, salad. Except instead of using store-bought macaroni and cheese like the recipe suggests, I'll make a batch of our favorite mac and cheese to stuff the tomatoes, and then freeze the rest.

Thursday: Cream cheese potato soup, grilled cheese sandwiches. This soup is incredible as-is, but it's going to be even better when I add some broccoli, bacon, and cheddar cheese to it. Which is what I so plan on doing.

Friday: Pizza joes, steak fries

Saturday: Baked gnocchi. I've been wanting to make this ever since I got this cookbook, and I think it's finally cool enough to justify the heavy, creamy calorie fest.

Sunday: Baked ziti, garlic bread

Weekend Breakfast: Pumpkin buttermilk pancakes, sausage links

Baking: Coconut-chocolate pecan pie. I'm on my own with this one since Joe hates shredded coconut, so be sure to check back to see how I do at consuming an entire pie by myself. (Spoiler alert: I'm sure I'll do just fine.)

No comments: