Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Parmesan Knots

If you haven't noticed, garlic bread is one thing that shows up on my menu at least once a week. We love the stuff, and ever since I came up with this recipe on the fly, it's been our household staple. But every once in a while, it's nice to try something different for a change -- without resorting to the frozen variety, as I so often do. I couldn't wait to try this recipe when I saw it in a recent issue of Taste of Home, and it did not disappoint. The original recipe calls for each biscut to be cut into thirds before rolling, but I just rolled out each whole biscuit into a rope to make more substantial knots. This is a delicious, buttery, quick and easy alternative to garlic bread, and I will definitely make these cute little knots again!

Parmesan Knots
source: adapted from Taste of Home

1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
1/4 cup butter
3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes

1. Roll each biscuit into a rope and tie into a knot; tuck ends under. Place 2 inches apart on a nonstick baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.

2. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; add the warm knots and gently toss to coat.

No comments: