Monday, July 20, 2009

Weekly Meal Planning


A couple of last week's dinners are carrying over to this week because I didn't get the chance to make them -- one night because we went out, and one night because we were both just plain lazy. It happens. I still feel guilty, though, so I am going to cook all week this week, no matter what!

I just can't rave enough about how much I love meal planning now that I'm doing it consistently. It makes me look forward to dinner every night, rather than seeing dinner as a hassle. This week is no exception; I'm really excited about our menu and can't wait to eat all of the yummy food!

Monday -- Soup or Salad: Chicken tortilla soup, grilled cheese sandwiches


Tuesday -- Pasta: Philly cheesesteak mac and cheese (We didn't get to have this last week, because we were able to wrangle a babysitter, have dinner out and see the new Harry Potter movie -- so much fun!)

Wednesday -- Grilling: Hot dogs with Dr. Pepper BBQ sauce, grilled corn on the cob (We didn't have this last week, either, because neither of us felt like messing with dinner, so we had Subway instead. Home cooking FAIL!)

Thursday -- Quick and Easy: Canteloupe chicken salad sandwiches, potato chips

Friday -- Burgers and Fries: Chicken burgers with roasted poblano and onion, baked onion rings

Saturday -- Regional or International: Pineapple and green chile pork tacos

Sunday -- Comfort Food: Mom's Cajun meatloaf, mashed potatoes, creamed corn

2 comments:

Keri said...

This all looks so good, Cassie. I can't wait to see the results! I do a meal plan every week, too, and it is literally the only way I am organized enough to get dinner ready every night.

Creative Classroom Core said...

I may just steal your menu - sound awesome!