Sunday, March 11, 2012

Weekly Meal Planning, Week of 3.12.12


Happy Daylight Savings Time Day! DST is always a double-edged sword in our house: It's nice to have the extra light in the evening, but it's difficult because my kids don't always get the concept of it. I'm hoping the transition this year goes pretty smoothly, but we shall see.

The meal plan is somewhat abbreviated this week, since I'll be spending a lot of time preparing for a baby shower I'm hosting next weekend. I'm kind of freaking out about it, and it's entirely possible that I actually won't cook anything at all this week because I'll be working so hard to prepare for it. At least it's not at my house, so I don't have to worry about having the whole house spotless (because it's sooo not right now).

My birthday is also this week, so we'll actually be going out to dinner to celebrate on Wednesday. I can't remember the last time we took the boys out to eat at a restaurant. Wish us luck.

Monday: Spinach and chicken tortilla bake, Mexican rice. Horrible photo notwithstanding, Joe still talks about this dish as being one of the most delicious things I’ve made, ever. I’m making it a priority to get a better picture this time.

Tuesday: Buttermilk chicken tenders and French fries. I fried up some chicken fingers for another recipe last week, and I just had to try them before I coated them in hot sauce. They were so delicious on their own that I’m putting them, sauce-less, on our meal plan this week.

Wednesday: It’s my birthday! I’m taking the night off from making dinner, of course, and we’re going out.

Thursday: Greek beef tacos. You know I like something when I put it on our menu twice in three weeks. My mouth is already watering, just thinking about these tacos. I may not be able to wait until Thursday to make them.

Friday: Chinese take-out. I’m hosting a baby shower on Saturday, and I’ll have a lot of prepping to do for the food the night before. Dinner needs to be very low-maintenance.

Saturday: Probably pizza or fast food. I’m not even going to pretend to want to make dinner after my hosting duties are through.

Sunday: Chicken tetrazzini. I’m trying yet another version (I didn’t get around to making my own version a couple of weeks ago), and I think this one has definite promise.

1 comment:

Abby said...

I've quickly grown to loathe daylight saving time! Pinning the spinach and chicken tortilla bake, for sure. And happy early birthday!