Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Spinach Artichoke Dip Pizza


The thing I love most about food blogging is connecting with others through food. Food is such a universal language, and it’s been so much fun for me to share the recipes my family loves with all of you – and to hear about the ones that you love as well. I get lots of e-mails from readers and friends, recommending a certain recipe or dish to me because they thought it sounded like something I would like. I think that’s so cool! And apparently I am very transparent, because whenever this happens (and it happens a lot!), the recipe is almost always something I’ve already had my eye on for quite some time. Either that, or it’s something I can’t believe I hadn’t already thought of myself – like this pizza.

My friend Jessie e-mailed me about this pizza soon after she tried a version of it at a pizza place. She said she couldn’t wait to share it with me, and that she knew it was something I would love. And as soon as she described it in her e-mail, I knew I would without question be trying it. I put it on the menu that very week.

Spinach artichoke dip. On pizza. It’s...I just...I can’t even, you guys. I can’t describe how amazing this pizza tastes. There are just no words. So, okay, it’s far from the healthiest thing to have for dinner...But it’s the perfect meal for a once-in-a-while indulgence. Give it a try, and tell me it’s not the best thing you’ve ever tasted.


Spinach Artichoke Dip Pizza
inspired by Jessie

1 pizza crust (store-bought or homemade)
1 tablespoon butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 can artichokes in water, drained and roughly chopped
1 package frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1 8-ounce package cream cheese
1 cup sour cream or mayonnaise
A few tablespoons of milk
Salt and pepper to taste
2 cups shredded Italian-blend cheese, divided
1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, halved

1. Pre-bake pizza crust, if necessary, according to the directions on the package or your recipe.

2. Meanwhile, melt butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic; cook and stir for 30 seconds. Add artichokes and cook for a few minutes.

3. Stir in spinach, cream cheese, sour cream or mayonnaise, milk, salt and pepper, and 1 cup of cheese. Stir until completely blended and smooth. Taste for seasonings and adjust as needed.

4. Spread dip mixture on top of pizza crust, leaving a half-inch border around the edges. Top with remaining 1 cup of cheese, parmesan and halved tomatoes.

5. Bake according to package directions or recipe, until crust is browned and crispy.

3 comments:

Mrs. Ca said...

I'm so glad you liked it! I thought of you last night when we ate dinner (this recipe: http://tastykitchen.com/recipes/main-courses/spinach-and-artichoke-penne-pasta/). It's good for that spinach/artichoke fix when you need dinner fast. We loved it!

Aarthi said...

Wow...This looks really mouthwatering....Thanks dear for sharing the recipe...Will surely give it a try..Bookmarking rightaway..

Aarthi
http://yummytummy-aarthi.blogspot.com/

Sarah - The Home Cook said...

Yes, yes, yes! I love spinach and artichoke dip. This looks amazing.