I've been in a bit of a cooking slump lately. I haven't had the time, energy, or really the desire to make anything too involved. So when I saw this recipe pop up in my Google Reader, it sounded too simple to resist. To be honest, I didn't expect a lot out of this taste-wise -- since it uses frozen ravioli, frozen broccoli, jarred Alfredo sauce, and pre-cooked chicken -- but this was actually really tasty. The picture doesn't do it justice. It was delicious.I love the idea of a "casseravioli," and the ingredients can be mixed up in a thousand different ways. This was such a simple weeknight dinner, and the whole family -- Andrew included -- loved it. I'll definitely be making this, and many variations of it, in the future!
Cheesy Casseravioli
Source: adapted from A Taste of Home Cooking, who got it from Lauren's Kitchen, who got it from i [heart] food 4 thought
Source: adapted from A Taste of Home Cooking, who got it from Lauren's Kitchen, who got it from i [heart] food 4 thought
1 package frozen cheese ravioli, cooked and drained
2 cups frozen broccoli florets, defrosted
2 cups pre-cooked chicken strips, diced (I bought a rotisserie chicken and used the breasts)
1 jar alfredo sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup mozzarella cheese, divided
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon butter
2 cups frozen broccoli florets, defrosted
2 cups pre-cooked chicken strips, diced (I bought a rotisserie chicken and used the breasts)
1 jar alfredo sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup mozzarella cheese, divided
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Coat the bottom of a 9×13 glass baking dish with a thin layer of alfredo sauce. In a medium bowl, gently mix the ravioli, broccoli, chicken, garlic, alfredo sauce, butter, and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese until combined.
3. Place mixture into baking dish and top with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
4. Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is hot and bubbly. Set to broil for additional 5 minutes if you want the top blistery.
This looks like great comfort food! I definitely want to try it, I make a similar ravioli casserole but with tomato sauce instead of alfredo.
ReplyDeleteHey, sometimes easy is the best way to go...it sounds very tasty!
ReplyDeleteI love meals like this for busy evenings because they prove that dinner doesn’t need to be complicated to taste good. Using frozen ravioli, broccoli, pre-cooked chicken, and Alfredo sauce sounds like a really convenient combination. I came across https://incognito-casino.uk/ while looking for other quick weeknight dinner ideas and found a few similar recipes worth trying. The “casseravioli” idea also seems perfect for experimenting with different sauces, vegetables, and fillings.
ReplyDelete